Monday, July 11, 2011

Chelle's Card Kit Reveal

Scraptures Card reveal 1

I am doing the card kit this month for Scraptures and here is my first card..what a struggle for me.

I did so many techniques on this card..mainly cause I didn't have a plan. Well I did but kept changing it after doing something.

I started out with a 6x3 piece of white paper and stamped random large and small strawberries and coloured them in. Decided I didn't want the full piece so I cut it in half.  Then thought it was too plain so stamped the strawberry plant on it...after masking each of the strawberries.

Then thought it was too busy so I tried making a card background..didn't like that and threw it in the air in disgust.

 DH laughed at me and looked at what I had. Suggested I find a way to colour the background on the strawberry stamped piece with blue. So I took my distress ink and wiped it on some packaging and searched for my paintbrushes..that ended up being on my desk...and sprayed the ink with water. I coloured the background with Stormy sky and I loved it.

I cut a 2.5' piece of the Bo Bunny coffee stripe paper.

Then played with 3 different card bases. Went with kraft but too plain..stamped the strawberry plant twice with versamark.

Wrapped the coffee stripe with homemade bakers twine (see how here) and attached the whole piece to the card base with Tombow adhesive.

 I then used a black pen to edge the stamped piece and pop dotted it off the card. I stamped the sentiment with blue staz on ink on to some clear acetate and adhered it to the stripe paper with my mini xyron. Later I remembered the Maya Road country home flowers and picked the green one to go on. It was adhered with Beacons 2 in 1.

All that for such a simple looking card.






No comments:

Post a Comment